"Remuneration for intermediaries … has been an important contributor to misconduct"
Tougher mortgage lending standards are making it "increasingly difficult" for young first homeowners
- 2018 Commercial Lenders Roundtable
- Top 10 Brokerages 2018
- 2018 Brokers on Aggregators
BDM in the spotlight asks a different BDM the same questions – giving you regular insights into the lives of some of the top BDMs in the country.
Name: Catherine Fury
Years in the industry: 5
1. What was your work before entering the industry?
Prior to Homeloans, I was a broker and worked in client services for financial planning and brokerages.
2. How often do you see brokers in a week?
Whilst I’m currently desk-bound and don’t see brokers face-to-face too often, I’m in contact with our brokers daily via phone and email.
3. What do brokers want most from you?
I find that brokers want active communication above everything else – picking up the phone and getting back to them as quickly as possible.
4. What is your favourite part of the job?
My favourite part of my job is helping brokers find solutions for their clients, and solving problems when roadblocks occur.
5. What distinguishes the best brokers you deal with?
Those who take time to package their applications well and provide detailed notes on their submission.
6. What’s your ideal weekend?
Getting out of the city with my partner to go and explore the National Parks, Blue Mountains or Central Coast of NSW; back to nature to re-charge.
7. What’s the strangest lending scenario you’ve ever encountered?
The strangest would have to be a farmer wanting to use his livestock as security.
8. What's your top time-saving tip and how much time does it save you?
Taking a moment in the morning to structure my day ahead and prioritise the tasks on hand.
9. What’s your favourite meal?
Anything spicy. Mexican and Italian are my favourites.
- BDM in the spotlight: Noushig Megerditchian
- BDM in the spotlight: Cherish French