Longer term uncertainty is still on the cards, according to CoreLogic
The Director of the Loan Lounge tells MPA about a typical day
- 2018 Commercial Lenders Roundtable
- Top 10 Brokerages 2018
- 2018 Brokers on Aggregators
BDM in the spotlight asks a different BDM the same questions – giving you regular insights into the lives of some of the top BDMs in the country.
Name: Cherish French
Years in the industry: 4
- What did you do before entering the industry?
I was working for an IT company – quickly found out it wasn’t my calling in life, switched over to the finance industry, and now Finsure, and never looked back!
- How often do you see mortgage brokers in a week?
Pre-COVID I was booking in 3-4 face-to-face appointments per day, now I’m constantly engaging with brokers via Zoom and finding I’m able to spend more time with the same number of brokers.
- What do mortgage brokers want most from you?
Support across every aspect of their business and to be available when ever they need – they need to know when something goes south, there’s someone at Finsure in their corner fighting for them. Boxing gloves are always in the boot of my car.
- What is your favourite part of the job?
My favourite part of the job would definitely be working with such a good team. I have never felt so included and empowered to do my job. I’d also say being able to help brokers establish a good foundation for their business, implement processes and see them grow – nothing makes me happier than seeing my brokers succeed.
- What distinguishes the best brokers you deal with?
The ones that communicate their frustrations in a way that isn’t putting any one down – we all make mistakes and get frustrated with processes, lenders/BDMs/credit/brokers etc. but the ones that can articulate it in a proper manner are the real MVPs in my eyes.
- What’s your ideal weekend?
Definitely somewhere near the ocean!
- What’s the strangest lending scenario you’ve ever encountered?
I had a broker with a client seeking cash out from their owner-occupied property to start up a private Zoo…. I said good luck, Carol Baskin!
- What's your top time-saving tip and how much time does it save you?
Setting aside specific times to make phone calls and allocating separate times throughout the day to purely catch up on emails. I feel like I can focus so much more on the tasks at hand and I’m more productive with my time.
- What’s your favourite meal?
It will always be Salt and Vinegar Chips – not your standard meal but I can’t live without them!
- BDM in the Spotlight: Chris Franze
- BDM in the Spotlight: Kay Yang
- BDM in the Spotlight: Ben Hutton