Her team completely revamped their customer care process to understand customers on a personal level
Knowledge on policies and good BDM relationships helped this mortgage director keep a single mother and her four children from losing their home
- 2018 Commercial Lenders Roundtable
- Top 10 Brokerages 2018
- 2018 Brokers on Aggregators
BDM in the spotlight asks a different BDM the same questions – giving you regular insights into the lives of some of the top BDMs in the country.
Name: Cherish French
Years in the industry: 2 years
1. What was your work before entering the industry?
I was employed at an IT company performing administration tasks, assisting in the implementation of new designs, and communicating with clients, particularly around their CRM requirements.
2. How often do you see brokers in a week?
I’m not quite there yet, as I’m still deskbound. However, I proactively try to speak with at least 15 new brokers a week.
3. What do brokers want most from you?
To be available. I found that my brokers want me to answer their phone calls, or respond to their email in a timely matter.
4. What is your favourite part of the job?
I love being able to deliver on what I promise. I never sugar-coat things, and I think this has really helped in creating a strong, reliable relationship with my brokers.
5. What distinguishes the best brokers you deal with?
Brokers that are organised, polite, and can send all outstanding conditions in one email, ready for credit to review. They are one in a million.
6. What’s your ideal weekend?
Anything that involves being at the beach or by the water.
7. What’s the strangest lending scenario you’ve ever encountered?
A broker wanted to have the requirement for payslips waived because his client worked for a secretive government agency and his information had to be kept top secret. I said, “Unfortunately, we can’t assist with lending to James Bond.”
8. What's your top time-saving tip and how much time does it save you?
Preparation. I wake up every weekday at 5 am. This extra hour in the morning has given me time to exercise, cook, read, or centre myself ready for the day ahead. Or sometimes I appreciate the extra hour by falling back to sleep.
9. What’s your favourite meal?
It’s not really a meal, so to speak. But I could actually eat salt and vinegar chips all day, every day.
- BDM in the spotlight: Dean Martin
- BDM in the spotlight: Noushig Megerditchian