But not everyone in the industry is convinced
Non-bank founder says proposed acquisition of smart bank by major could have big ramifications
- 2018 Commercial Lenders Roundtable
- Top 10 Brokerages 2018
- 2018 Brokers on Aggregators
Victoria will be plunged into a five day stage four lockdown from midnight tonight. The move will see many businesses forced to shutter.
“Creative studios, entertainment venues, non-essential retail (will also be closed), and hospitality moves to takeaway only,” the Premier said.
“These restrictions are all about making sure that we respond appropriately to the fastest-moving, most infectious strain of coronavirus that we have seen.”
Daniel Andrews also said that the lockdown would also extend beyond Melbourne’s centre, but that the Australian Open would be allowed to continue.
Businesses are already reacting with dismay to the closure, with the Australian Retailers Association branding the move a “devastating blow” to the $320 billion sector.
In a Nutshell
- 5-day stage four lockdown starts from midnight tonight
- Tasmania will close its border at 6pm
- NSW has issued an alert for approximately 7000 travellers who may have visited a hot spot venue – including Melbourne airport
- ACT will close its border with VIC from midnight
- WA extends closure for VIC travellers
- Qld will be closed to VIC for at least two weeks
- Early panic buying has been reported in Melbourne shops
- Current concerns due to infected airport café worker